CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Love and Marriage

I had a serious a-ha moment the other day. And no, it did not involve a Norwegian band with a serious penchant for hitting ridiculously high notes while being chased through a pencil drawing by slightly older motorcycle riders brandishing wrenches. It was much more exciting than that. I was leaving my hotel room the other night to head down to a business dinner when I realized that Nathan was not there to hold my key and chap stick like he always does and I was going to have to come up with other arrangements. I'm not going to lie - it threw me for a bit of a loop. Now, this may seem like a small thing but it made me realize that Nathan and I are seriously married. I have, of course, realized that for the last five and a half years we have been legally and religiously recognized as a couple but at that moment I realized that our lives have become completely mangled with each others. I guess I no longer function as well on my own. I do much better when I know exactly where my chap stick is and that it is coming home with me when the dinner is over. What can I say? It may be messy and confusing at times, even deranged and terrifying, but I love my guy - my lip balm carrying man. This must be what J.Lo and Marc Anthony have...

5 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

I love it! That is so true! I also love that so far you are the only one to comment on my blog, so, sistuh, I am so there for you.... you can expect insightful, meaningful (not to mention plentiful) comments on your blog. Self esteem is hard to come by, dog gone it.

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful benefit to marriage comes along with dessert, when at a buffet type arrangement, Michael will make it appear that all those empty plates are his! I love this man!

We've got keepers!

Mom

The Beagleys said...

Awww! This blog was soooo cute and sweet! I know that feeling of being lonely or lost when your sweetie isn't by your side! It sounds like we scored with wonderful husbands!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I still turn to David and ask him if we are really married. It's unbelievable that we have been married this long, but it is unimaginable to think of life without him. It must be the MarLo thing... and I've got the booty to prove it! :)

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Lynn's new habit:
check all blogs, but save Bethany's for last, and then leave it on all day listening to her great tunes. I seriously love your music taste! Thanks so much for sharing it with me.

I love you!