CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do you believe in improbabilities?

March should not be a difficult month. We have a couple of family birthdays, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and (in Arizona) the weather is absolutely gorgeous. But then it happens. Like clockwork, I get an email with a link that leads me to this...

This is a hard day. It means that March Madness and almost certain humiliation are just around the corner. I should preface this by saying that until I receive my bracket I have almost zero interest in college basketball. All of my sporting attention is directed towards sending good vibes to my beloved Phoenix Suns. Once that bracket arrives, though, I am like Eisenhower plotting the invasion of Normandy - complete with sand charts and aerial maps. I listen to sports radio and look up the experts advice for some little clue or insight that will give me some kind of leg up. As yet, my planning has proven unsuccessful. Last year was the closest I came, only losing to Nathan in the second to last game. Curse you, Hoyas! I have filled out my bracket for this year and it looks pretty dull, to tell the truth. Not too many loops thrown in there. As for my prediction...


GO TAR HEELS!!!

(please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, etc.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say good luck. It was a sad day in America last year when Nate-dog won it all. I almost took my ball and went home, until Megan reminded it is just a game, and everyone has fun...Whatever.

As always I have my beloved Jayhawks winning it all, so Meg better remove any pens, ball or other objects that can cause permanent damage to out T.V. screen, when they get bounced in the second round. If the Jayhawks and the UNC were not on the same side of the bracket I would have picked UNC to win it all also.

Shane

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Yes, so the March Madness begins as in... "David I am mad-ness you are watching ANOTHER basketball game!" I will watch football with him because I actually like it now, but the basketball I do not do. He is terribly distraught because he didn't pick his beloved Duke to take it all (for months at a time, the mood in our home is directly related to how well Duke does... insanity). He said he knows they can't beat Memphis (whatever all of that means). I think he spends more time filling out his bracket than he does studying for tests. Good luck!

Layton Clan said...

YEAA!!! You have the tarheels too!!! We are so going ALL the way this year.

I love that I can count on you to be just as competitive and maniac-like about competition and beating everyone as I am. Maybe even a tad bit more.

We would love to get together with you guys this weekend. In fact, we could set up both TV's at the Layton house and call it good. Two games at once, what could be better?