CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

When it rains it pours.

This weekend was one of those ones that I figured I just had to survive. I knew it was going to be crazy, but I didn't realize it would also end up being a lot of fun.

Nathan and I have been asked to serve as the activity leaders at our church. It has to be because they don't know us. I actually begged my friend Lindy (the queen of parties) to come up from Arizona to help out but apparently she was already booked. This Friday was our "Harvest Hoe Down!" and for as terrified as I was I think it turned out really well. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera but I think this photo gives you the idea.

Grab yo' pahtna fo' the Vuh-ginia Reel!

I had the amazing realization that if I want Nathan to dance with me I just need to turn on some square dancing music. To say he was excited is an understatement. We ended up having a blast and getting to know some really fun people in the process.

I also play the piano for the primary at church and this week was our annual Primary Program. I don't know why, but playing the piano in front of adults scares the heck out of me so I was up several times in the night worrying about it. Fortunately, I really can only think of one obvious mistake. However, it did happen in my very first introduction. Oh well, you've got to stay humble, I guess. Overall, though, I think the program went really well and the kids sounded great. After church we had a celebratory dinner with the McLays (Brooke is the chorister) that ended in typical fashion with discussion that lasted into the night.

I can tell that I was a little stressed about everything because I, who usually wake myself up by 6:30 at the latest, slept in until 10:00 this morning. It was glorious.

1 comments:

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Oh, joy! You got to sleep in. I'm quite glad about that and happen to think you deserve it very much.

Onto other news...I have posted signs in multiple locations throughout my house, reminding me to not pull a "Visiting Teacher" on you guys tomorrow. Promise to be here. Hope all is well as you prepare for the big reunion!