CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Time to gather at the Supernacle!


As I have gotten older I have come to absolutely love General Conference weekend. It is such a respite for the body and mind and allows me to reevaluate the things that I am doing well and those that I need to work on. This weekend was no different. I must say that I will probably always miss President Hinckley and the sweet humor that always accompanied his powerful messages, but I have seen a new and deeper gravitas rest with President Monson over the last few months that has enriched my love for him. The talks were wonderful and the Primary choir (of course!) touched my heart.


The thing that touched me the most, though, was the announcement of five new temples to be built. I was ecstatic to hear that Argentina is getting a second temple and immediately whipped out my mission journal to try and guess who would be in the new district and would be able to receive those blessings more readily. And Rome?!? Fantastic! What really got me, though, was the complete lack of surprise that I felt when President Monson announced that there would be new temples. When I was a little girl we could literally name off every single one, but now the number expands constantly. I say that the announcement came with no surprise, but that doesn't mean that I didn't feel a sense of wonder all the same. I am grateful to live in a time when there are so many possibilities and the ability to worship as we please is being extended to more and more people of all faiths. I look forward to the day when it is granted to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your latest comments to the accompanying music was interesting to say the least! I love you girl and we'll see you soon!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

I love Conference as well. It lifts my heart and wants me to do better.

I miss President Hinckley too... but Elder Wirthlin is stepping up to the humor plate, isn't he?

Thanks for your beautiful entry. I love you!