CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Number 32 on your scorecard, number 1 in your heart!

Thirty two is:

  1. The atomic number of germanium
  2. The freezing point of water at sea level in degrees Fahrenheit
  3. The fifth power of two
  4. The number of completed, numbered piano sonatas by Ludwig van Beethoven
  5. The winning car number of Ray Harroun in the inaugural Indianapolis 500 in 1911
  6. The number of teeth of a full set of teeth in an adult human, including wisdom teeth
  7. The number of national teams that have participated in each FIFA World Cup finals tournament since 1998.
  8. The jersey number 32 of: the Los Angeles Lakers' Magic Johnson, the Utah Jazz's Karl Malone, the Portland Trail Blazers' Bill Walton, the Philadelphia 76er's Billy Cunningham, the Boston Celtics' Kevin McHale, baseball pitchers Sandy Koufax and Steve Carlton, Cleveland Browns' running back Jim Brown, and Manchester United football player Carlos Tevez as well as Shaquille O'Neal and Richard Hamilton.
  9. The code for international direct dial phone calls to Belgium
  10. The age I turned on Saturday!

That's right, folks, it was my b-day on Saturday and I ended up having a lovely day. It started with my husband getting up early and whipping up some crepes for me (J'adore, mon amour), then watching Oklahoma cough it up to Texas (Go Longhorns!). After that Nathan and I headed to the church where we had an arts fest and I sat in on a class on writing and publishing. It was really informative and has already helped me come up with some new ideas for some stuff that I am working on - sorry Meg! When we got home it was time for BYU vs. New Mexico and we were lucky enough to have our new friends, the McLays and a couple of Wilcoxes come over to watch with us. There were disgusting amounts of popcorn, Hot Tamales, and Swedish Fish consumed so it was fantastic. After that we headed over to the McLays for dinner and homemade cupcakes which Brooke (my sistah from another mistah - not as good as brotha from a different mutha, but you get the idea!) had just whipped up. Rule number one, baked goods can never have too much butter! Heaven. Then it was time to get jiggy with a little Rock Band. After the kids had been put to bed the adults worshiped at the temple of Rock for a couple of hours. Best phrase from the evening - "Go to bed sweetie. Mommy has to play Blue Oyster Cult." It was a fantastic day - thank you everyone who was involved. Now the countdown has begun to my party next year, where at my fiesta Nathan will announce in the likeness of Jefe from "Three Amigos!" that "Today, she is... thirty-three years old!" Bring your maracas!

4 comments:

Cheeky Kitchen said...

It was a grand party, wasn't it. I'm so glad you let us join with you in the celebration.
I may or may not have posted a photo of you {should I have gotten a signed copyright release form to use your fine lookin' image? What think ye?) on our blog...

conversationwithacupcake.blogspot.com

When will we lunch?

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Happy Birthday and Rock On! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. YipeeKayay.

Anonymous said...

My baby, my baby....

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I wrote on here yesterday, but some how it didn't show up. Hmmm...

Happy Late Birthday! I can't even remember my own (I am so proud of your excitement over your birthday. I dread them. Three seems like such a high number. What happened to one??) I hope you had a wonderful day (which it sounds like you did) and that you two are doing well. Congratulations on six years, as well! Happy days :)