CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

The Joneses are safely home in the warmth of Arizona, but man we had a great Christmas. The whole family was there, we got to play with Hank, and we ate ourselves sick. It was perfect. I have to say, happiness is nieces and nephews. They are so much fun and when they are not someone swiftly takes them from you and apologizes for their behavior. I love it! Henry is one seriously cute kid who is happy all the time. Even Nathan, who once told Hank that he would pay him attention when he brought something to the table, was hooked. I don't know why but we really have the funnest niece and nephews in the world and I will get into a gang fight "Beat It" style with anyone who says different. Oh, I'll cut ya'.

We went and saw the mighty Tri-Cities Americans trample the Everett Silvertips in the clash of titans that is the Western Junior Hockey League. I love watching hockey live. I think it is the perfect pairing of grace and agility matched with raw power. What I don't get is grown men stripping off their shirts and twirling them around to the dulcet tones of "Cotton-Eyed Joe". I guess you have to be Canadian or Eastern European to really understand.

We also went and saw a few movies. National Treasure, while fun, failed to live up to the first film. Also, what was Helen Mirren doing in it? She is aware that she has an Oscar now, right? She plays second fiddle to NO ONE! We also saw "P.S. I Love You". I love the song, I loved the movie. I will admit to tearing up a bit a few times. I think it's because I don't want to think of a world in which Gerard Butler doesn't exist. Tragedy.

I think one of the more comical moments of the week was when we were opening presents and I opened one from Nathan. It is the box set of every episode of "I Love Lucy". For those of you who don't know, I really do love Lucy.

I was thanking my husband profusely when I looked at my parents who disappointingly said, "I guess you have two". So now I have 68 discs of 1950's hilarity. That may be a little over the top.

We flew out of Las Vegas so we had to drive home. It was not nearly as unfun as it sounds seeing as how we drove in my new toy -


That's right folks. the Joneses are driving grown-up cars now! We decided to get something that didn't require more planning than the Apollo 13 mission to bring anything larger than a shoebox home. I love it. As it is an Explorer, I have decided to name it accordingly. Therefore I have christened it Lord Shackleton. That way Nathan can call it Shaq and we are both happy.

Anyways, I hope you all had a lovely holiday season and that this new year is one full of joy and happiness. Just don't talk trash about my niece and nephews. PEACE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be the only person on the planet who you don't cut when I say, "my nieces and nephews are the best!" I truly feel one of the most underrated roles on the planet is being an aunt. Few things in my life have brought me the joy and laughter than being an aunt. And, as you'll recall, babe, you taught me the ropes... No baby girl was ever more adored by her auntie than you... I still do!

Layton Clan said...

Whatever. Do you want to fight about who's nieces and nephews are the best? I'll fight you, fight you to the death. Okay, not really, and you would probably win anyway. Yea for the new car, you high roller you. What a fun treat to drive home in. When are we getting together? Hmm? Do tell.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Beth! Congrats on the new "adult" car, maybe one day I will have one!
I must agree, Hank is the cutest little guy ever! He is much cuter than my kids, and not to mention sweeter! :)

The Johnson's said...

Um, no mention of "Hot Rod"? Yea, my kid is cute, yadda yadda, but the real hero of the season was the guy 2 Legit 2 Quit. Also, calling your car Shaq is an insult. Sure, it's 2 times as big as mine, but it couldnt even fit Shaq's left kidney. I need to go punch dance out all my rage.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't name your explorer Alan Quartermaine. I'll name my car that if Ford ever comes out with the Ford If youre super tired you might find this enteratining but if not, you'll just want to slit your wrists. I think its slated to come out 2010.
Quartermaine!!!

Derek