CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Great Honk!

The Joneses had a really nice MLK weekend. We celebrated the triumph of civil rights in America by going to movies, taking long naps, and eating way too much. And speaking of seeing movies, holy hannah did we see a movie. I got up my annual spurt of courage (have I mentioned I don't do scary movies?) and went to see "Cloverfield" with Nathan on Saturday night. Okay, if I think about it rationally it is completely irrational to be afraid of a giant lizard attacking New York. I mean, we've seen it before, right? WRONG! It was terrifying! I have perfected my technique of sticking my fingers in my ears and pushing my thumbs as hard as I can into my eyes while muttering "Um-mm, um-mm". Nathan asked why I do the eye thing to which the answer is that my eyes can't close enough on their own. They could accidently flap open, letting in something that would keep me awake for the next three nights. Let me say, the movie was amazing. The effects were cool, the way it was shot was innovative, and the monster was uuuuuu-gly. It was produced by the same man who does "Lost" so there are tons of questions left when the movie is over which is fantastic! So I guess what I am saying is if you are in the mood for a scary, but not too scary, action packed flick - give it a go.

I don't know why I was so afraid in the movie. I am invincible, and I have the proof. On CNN the other day they showed a clip from YouTube that shows an intersection in India. Nathan and I decided that the white car at the top that drives into oncoming traffic must be Muktar, our old driver, since he did that on a regular basis. As you will see after watching this, if driving in India didn't kill me, no forty-story tall monster eating New York City can either!



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't do scary movies at all, so I will probably not be seeing that one. Gosh, you and I would be quite a sight if we sat together at a scary movie. On another note, I love your new profile pic. Soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

How did we ever get you back alive?