CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Bethany's Celebrity Playlist

I was on the iTunes store awhile ago and started browsing through some of the celebrity playlists. Who knew Jim Carey and I share so much of our musical tastes? So I thought it would be fun to occasionally post my own celebrity playlists. As you can see on the right, you can also listen to the songs I pick and nod your head in agreement as to their spectacular-ness. So here goes!

  1. To Be Suprised (Sondre Lerche) - I cannot state this emphatically enough. I LOVED "Dan In Real Life". True, I could attribute this to my love for Steve Carrell, but then I think of "Anchorman" and I realize that I can say no to him - except for the gang fight scene. "Wow, that escalated quickly." Classic. I also loved the soundtrack (back to "Dan In Real Life"). I think this song is the perfect blend of a sweet message and fun music. I highly recommend the whole album.
  2. Business Time (Flight of the Conchords) - I first heard this song five years ago and about wet my pants from laughing so hard. So funny, so true, so sexxxxxxx-ay...
  3. Fall At Your Feet (Crowded House) - I am a huge Crowded House fan. Interesting lyrics+ cool music= Happy Bethany. It was hard to choose just one. Good thing I can change my playlist whenever I want!
  4. Have You Seen My Love? (Rosie Thomas) - Nathan and I saw Rosie Thomas open for Jewel at Royal Albert Hall in London. Rosie blew Jewel's doors away. She has the most beautiful singing voice which is funny since when she talks she sounds like Minnie Mouse.
  5. If I Ever Leave This World Alive (Flogging Molly) - Great Tune! I love that this song is so distinctly Irish. P. S. Go see "P.S. I Love You".
  6. Starlight (Muse) - Muse, along with The Killers, hearkens back to darker sound of late Depeche Mode/The Cure that me likey so much. And with that in mind...
  7. All These Things That I Have Done (The Killers) - "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier". 'Nuf said.
  8. Fell In Love With A Boy (Joss Stone) - What can I say? I think she was still a fetus when she produced this album but MAN! Girl's got chops!
  9. Shelter (Ray LaMontagne) - Just enjoy.
  10. Gone, Gone, Gone (Robert Plant and Alison Krauss) - I love interesting duets. This reminds me of "Portland, Oregon" with Loretta Lynn and Jack White (Maybe that will be on a later playlist). I also love the rockabilly feel to it. I think I secretly want to get tatted up and wear my hair in pincurls.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Layton Clan said...

You are a music genious. Love them all.

Let's get together and just head bang, okay?

P.s. I have a totally embarrasing confession to make... see me for details.

Love you much,

Jen

Anonymous said...

Loved the tunes. Listened to them in my office yesterday. Maybe sometime you'd burn me a CD of fave's? Love you! p.s. Joss Stone is my soul.....