CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just call me Eric Liddell

I finished week one of my "Couch Potato to 5k" program and started the second this morning. For those of you who aren't familiar with the program, you run for a certain amount of time and then walk for a certain amount of time, switching off for 20 minutes or so. Each week the ratios change a little bit until eventually you are running the whole time. So you start with running for 60 seconds and then briskly walking for 90. This morning I started running for 90 seconds, walking for 2 minutes. I thought it would be no big deal as the first week was pretty easy. Do you know what 30 extra seconds of running causes? More sweat, more prayers for death, and more satisfaction when you are done. I have to say that I am feeling pretty good about it though. I have had little soreness or pain. So like the song says, "Bring me my chariot of fire"... to pick me up and take me home in the eventuality that I pass out!

I thought that as Christmas is officially one week away I would like to share something that has always meant a lot to me and my family. In fact, my sister and I used to reenact this scene throughout the year to remind ourselves of what the true meaning of Christmas is. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Denzil and Brittany said...

Way to go on the running. Your an inspiration to us all to be dedicated during the holidays. I loved reading your blog and seeing what your up to these days.
Merry Christmas
Brittany McGarry Hill