CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Beware, the end is nigh!

I am very confused. I thought that by not having children you were automatically exempt from some church assignments but apparently I was wrong. Maybe it is just the commanding presence that I carry or my keen ability to survive in any situation (haven't died yet!) that made me the perfect candidate to become the Wolf pack leader in my ward. Or maybe it's my inability to say no. I haven't decided yet. So I guess I know what one of my gifts under the tree will be this year - a lovely khaki shirt with a jaunty kerchief. I am thinking of going General Custer on my uniform and adding sequins and fringe just to keep things FIERCE! Heaven help those boys...

On a happier note, last night I started the Couch Potato to 5k program and today I feel great! I have been inspired by my sister and her amazing accomplishment and as my tag for next year is "Feeling Great in 2008" I thought I should get my rear in gear. I think I did pretty well and I am looking forward to going again tomorrow. I found this great podcast that actually tells you when to speed up and slow down so you don't have to check your watch and it's all to a driving techno beat. It's very 1996. It was incredibly helpful, to say the least. If any of you are interested in the program, just go here.

The other part of my "Feeling Great" program is to re-read my scriptures in Spanish. Wow, it has been awhile. I am feeling pretty gringa. At the same time though, it is wonderful to go back to the language of my mission. It makes me happy every night before I go to sleep. But to ensure that I don't get too spiritual (yeah, like that's ever going to happen) I am reading East of Eden right now. I have decided that if I could write like anyone it would be Steinbeck. If you have not read this book and love a good soap opera, give it a go. You will not be disappointed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

East of Eden.... Greatest American novel ever written. I had to put it down sometimes because Kate was so evillllll.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new calling- Your entire family in Provo is having a good laugh - at your expense! Just think of all the fun you will have at Pack Meeting! You have now joined the world of Akela! Don't slit your wrists while teaching knife safety. You should have Nathan build a wicked awesome pinewood derby car. And remember the most important scout phrase....screw you Lord Bayden Howell!

Anonymous said...

You might not have died yet, but you're going to wish you had!I think that the scouting program is England's best perpetual prctical joke that they've played on us. Remind me to punch Nathan in the nuts for that....On the bright side, if you played your cards right, you could have an army of minions that would obey your commands without thought. You could have them fight like in Bloodsport for your pleasure. Nine year olds will do anything./ Tell them it's the cagefighting badge. So I guess that could be pretty cool. When you're ready to be released, you should send your army of annoyance to TP the bishop's house. Works like a charm.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I thought being stuck in nursery with my own kid and being eight months pregnant stunk... you win! Congratulations on the running. I will think of you as I eat more Christmas candy and run to the bathroom.

The Johnson's said...

Just remember that when you're crossing the bridge of light, drinking wolf's blood and hanging children up by their ankles, Mormonism is not a cult!