CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Not a hard habit to break...

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been working on getting more physically fit recently. I was in a really good groove, eating well and working out 4-5 times a week. Then we moved to Colorado and that went out the window. I can only blame altitude for so much. I can't use the excuse that I am waiting for the next "Biggest Loser" to inspire me again, and I can't direct all my anger at friends like these. I just have to admit that I am lazy. So last night I put a playlist together and swore that I would not do anything else with my day until I worked out. I am pleased to say that I made it through the workout without collapsing despite the fact that our gym has no air conditioner. I also have to say that I dig the mix I put together which is what I have now put on my jukebox here. So I was wondering, what is everyone's power song - the one that really gets you going? I would love to know so I could put together another playlist of songs for future workouts and possibly for this blog. Let me know and I will see what I can do.

7 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

My nano is my trusted companion at workouts. You'll notice I didn't say "Steve" or "Brian". Why are they in shape when I'm the only one in my family who sweats?!?!? No justice. I love a good workout mix. Probably my favorite is when I bring along my bad-***ed chicks from the Moulin Rouge. Voulez Vous, Baby..... Can't wait to hear the mix.

with Love From your Soul Sister

M. said...

sadly I really need a beat to make me even WANT to run. The days my ipod is dead i know will NOT be a good workout. I need some updating too but, its the Timbaland Shock Value and some Justin Timberlake... sadly JLo is pretty good too. :)

Anonymous said...

anything by Abba.

-Mike B.

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

I always knew Mike B was a dancing queen!

The Johnson's said...

American Boy? Wishful thinking again Beth...

Can we get some old school represented? House of Pain, Beastie Boys, Run DMC? This white girl loves to work out gangsta.

The Burnhams said...

Hey Bethany!
Don't worry you can channel all your anger to us and use it for good:) Me and Bryce have a fun song that really gets us going (especially me)...it's "Be a Man" from MULAN!! Seriously, try to run to it and you'll get a great adrenaline rush.
Love, Karlie
P.S. We need your address!!

Derek and Emily said...

Good for you Bethany! We like "Welcome to the Jungle" to get pumped up to. I was inspired from watching the Olympics and I went swimming on Monday. I've got 4 years... jk.