CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

These are days...

It has been awhile since I have posted, but it has been for very good reasons. Nathan and I were up in Utah last week to see my brother Simon off at the MTC. I am so proud of him and how grown-up his is now. He just looked so prepared as we said our goodbyes and he headed through the missionary door as we went through the family door. He is going to be amazing. What am I saying? He already is!

It was great to be back at the MTC. I know some missionaries really struggle there - I loved it. It was an experience that I will never forget and walking back into the lobby brought back a flood of wonderful memories. I will admit to tearing up just for being back, but that was quickly disrupted when the sweet little old lady at the door thought that I was Simon's mom. Yeah, thanks. Apparently, I can just bypass having a child altogether and adopt a college freshman instead. Better make it a community college freshman - I ain't made of no bling!

My Boys



I always love it when my family gets together and now that we have little ones again it is even better. I got to hang out with my little boyfriend, Henry, all week and celebrate the coming of my new little boyfriend, Ethan, who will be joining us very soon. It is so amazing watching your siblings become parents. It adds a layer of respect and appreciation to your already incredible relationship. I am so proud of Megan and how she is molding her son, and of Derek and how he is conquering his very valid fears. It's a good feeling to admire your brothers and sister.

I had to fight the elements on both my trip up and back from Utah. It seemed that the north wind was conspiring against me. I had about a two hour delay sitting on the tarmac going up and a three hour delay on the way back so I got home at 2:30 am. My sweet husband stayed up and picked me up at the airport when I could have caught a cab. I've got a great guy. The next day was spent setting up the ward Valentine's party (ah, yes, Nathan and I are on the activites committee now, too) and started to feel a little under the weather that evening. I have spent the last three days out of commission. I mean coughing, sneezing, speaking in tongues, you name it. Fortunately, I feel I have made a turn and am hoping to be up and about tomorrow. Regardless, I am so grateful for last week. I am going to miss Simon so much, but there is nowhere I would rather he be.

Exito, Elder!

3 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

Bethany,
It's hard to have family leave. My sister just moved to Denver (well, I guess it was September, sheesh time flies) and we miss her a lot.
But, having a brother go on a mission is hard. You should think nothing of the old lady mistaking you for the mother. Old people have no grasp on age, whatsover. My friend (also 28) was stopped at Costco when she was trying to sample something because the man wanted her to get her mother. Seriously, I think old people just lose it sometimes.
Mark and I want you guys to come over and play games with us sometime. Let me know what Friday or Saturday night you've got open.
Cute blog! Glad you're back in AZ!

Strawberry Shortcake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Strawberry Shortcake said...

Congratulations to Simon! Good grief, I am starting to feel old. I think the last time I saw him he was turning eight. Wow! It's been a while, eh? I guess thousands of miles will do that to you. I hope and pray all is well :) Take care girl and best of luck to Simon!

P.S. Megan's little boy is adorable! (I posted before and removed it... I guess I should have spell checked first :)