CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on?

What does the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, the Titanic, and Bethany Jones have in common? When they crash, it is spectacular.
Last night, after watching our beloved Phoenix Suns trash the Bobcats, I felt inspired to tag along to Nathan and Simon's regular one-on-one basketball game. They have asked me to go a few times in the past, but as the last time I played was a Young Women's match in 1992 I had always passed it up. It was a lovely night, though, and I felt like getting some exercise so I decided to go.


BIG MISTAKE!


We got to the court and I tried about five shots. After only getting one in, I jokingly said to Nathan, "Oh I know the problem! I forgot to do my warm-ups...". I put the ball down and started doing some Michael Scott inspired warm-ups as a joke. This involved me jogging in place while bringing up my knees and slapping them. I did this about three times, completely forgetting the ball right in front of me. It was on the fourth step that I put my foot down right on the ball which (go figure!) rolled out from under me causing me to slip and fall on my butt with a mighty thump. In the process, I felt all the muscles in my left foot scream "We don't go that way!" If I hadn't been laughing so hard I probably would have cried from the pain, but it was so ridiculous that I had to! I bet I am the only person to ever have to be carried off a basketball court after 20 seconds of warm-ups. My foot is still in a lot of pain but I can hobble around on it alright. It just kills me, though, to see my NBA career snuffed out so early!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh, is it wrong that I laughed before I felt sympathy?

So much talent.. wasted... who knows what a career you could have had ahead of you? The Suns don't know what they're missing out on.

I hope you're getting sufficient sympathy from the boys? waiting on your every whim...

I heard a radio show this week that was debating the need for a seperate basketball league for people under 6ft... you could have been their star player.