CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where the eagles fly, from the mountain high...

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have arrived in Colorado Springs without incident - if you consider Nathan attempting a u-turn with a gigantic moving truck pulling a car and then rolling over an industrial sized garbage can "without incident". It was a nice trip except for the times when I was white-knuckling it watching the truck slow down to 35 mph chugging up the hills. I considered getting out and pushing but Nathan thought it would be less than effective. As if we didn't feel a warm enough welcome from Mike and Stephanie, who are so graciously putting up with us for a bit, President Bush and the Thunderbirds were also in town today to make sure we felt right at home. Apparently it worked out well because they were able to kill two birds with one stone by appearing at the Air Force Academy graduation as well. Now that is what I call great planning. The last two days Nathan and I have been looking at apartments all over town. My brain has turned to mush and all of the floor plans look the same to me. They have all melted into one mass that I will now refer to as "The Nothing". Fortunately, in the midst of all the stuccoed mazes, glimpses of the beautiful Front Range remind us of how excited we are to be here and how much we are looking forward to showing you all around when you visit. As soon as we get in a place I will make sure to post some pictures so you all can see our lovely mountain home.

3 comments:

Layton Clan said...

I swear I think of you every 3 and a half seconds. Really. So glad to know you got there - and that you are safe. Doesn't Nathan know that moving vans in America by law are not able to go faster than 25 at any time???

Miss you guys already!

Jen

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely. Hey, I forgot to tell you that I think we are moving into your old apartment complex. I looked up your address to get an idea of where some nice apartments were located, and decided they looked pretty great. I hope you liked them! I can't wait to see some pictures of your new place!

Karine said...

I am so glad that you are there safe! Your entry brought back such vivid recollections of why I hate moving more than anything!
Enjoy your new scenery and new company! What a blessing.
Loves,
Karine