CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Day Sunshine

It has been awhile since I have posted, but it is not for lack of good things happening. I am just lazy. So here goes.

1. I am gainfully employed! That's right, the Joneses are bucking the economic trends and actually becoming slightly more secure. It seems that I am destined to assist financial planners as that is what I will be doing starting tomorrow morning. I will be working for a lovely man in our ward who is in dire need of someone to take care of the details (hmmm... where have I done this before?!) so I will be using my years of expertise (said with a chuckle) to help him in whatever way I can. It seems it will be a good fit for both of us so I am excited. And it only took me a year...

2. I have sold my first writing! Keep your eyes peeled, folks, for my name and story to appear in an upcoming edition of The New Era. I know it's not the Pultizer, but it kind of felt that way when I found out!

3. Nathan and I completed step one of the Total Money Makeover! I have to say that I am really proud of us. It has been a lot of work planning and budgeting, but it is a pretty amazing feeling to say to your money "I AM YOUR MASTER!" We are pretty pumped and are looking forward to financial freedom, though it is a long and winding road (another Beatles reference).

4. Nathan and I are going to Las Vegas this summer to participate in a Youth Conference! Nathan will be a speaker whereas I will be the eye candy (It's so exhausting. I mean, I'm not just a body!) Paris Buffet, here I come!

5. The Bassets are coming and we are going to conference! I can't wait to see my inlaws. If we lived closer than 5000 miles we would spend a ridiculous amount of time together, so whatever time we can get we are excited about. Shortly after, it looks like Becky and JJ will be here too so it will be great to see them as a married couple. Isn't family great?

5 comments:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

It sounds like things are going beautifully. It must be due to Chuck Norris turning infinity last week :) or hard work (I actually typed lard work, but that is all about me ;) I hope you teach that guy a thing or two!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

1. I am thrilled you are being published in the New Era! Congratulations! I can't wait to go out and buy it, hot off the presses. Be sure to let me know which month. 2. So, you and Nathan are one of the four couples in America who are more financially secure than you were 6 months ago. You go, girl!!!

love you!

Anonymous said...

"Go Oscar, it's your birthday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday... sip orangina like it's your birthday"

Wait, it really is your birthday, and you get to spend it with Aunty Bethany!!!!

We're so excited, we can hardly sleep (which is going to be useful for the flight)!

Can't wait to see you guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. you didn't have to go and get a job just to get away from us... we are planning to go out of the house during daylight hours!

E

Unknown said...

We're so honoured to get a mention on your blog...We're nearly as excited as Gabbie about coming over to visit.. we're stocking up on Prawn Skips and Jaffa cakes plus anything else you'd like...
Love
Becky & JJ