CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Just a perfect blendship.

I will admit to being a friend snob. The problem is I am perfectly content to be alone most of the time, so for me to spend energy on cultivating a relationship with someone means I really like you. I know that makes me sound horrible, but the first step towards recovery is acceptance.
Yesterday I spoke to a friend over the phone who I hadn't talked to in ages (totally my fault!) and I had that wonderful sensation of realizing that even after months of silence we could pick up exactly where we left off. Friendships like these are such a rare commodity in this world. I hope my friend and her crazy sidekick (you know who you are Burnham!), know how much I love and miss them. They were truly some of the great finds of my life and nursed me through the trauma of being YW president. For that alone, you have earned your place in heaven! Man, I miss you two...
For all of my shyness, one of the things I despise most about myself, I have managed to create a circle of friends I do not deserve. I am truly blessed. Last week, Nathan and I had the opportunity to attend a family sealing at the temple. For those of you who have never been, the family kneels at an alter and then is surround by a circle of friends and extended family. It struck me how important that circle is, how it supports you, protects you, and cries with you over the good and the bad. Thank you, those in my circle. I know I am terrible at getting back on emails and phone calls, but please know that you are in every prayer, both for a blessing of safety and peace and also for gratitude that, as Maria told Captain Von Trapp, somehow in my youth or childhood I must have done something good.

4 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

When I look at the caliber of my friends, it always raises my self esteem. I figure that if these amazing women want to hang out with me, I must have some redeeming qualities. I'm glad you are blessed with great women in your life as well. I love you!

The Burnhams said...

You are forgiven...
YOU ARE HEALED!! (pretend like I just smacked your forehead and you were baptized and fell backwards just like on the religion channel!)
Love, Karlie

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Waiting for my phone call ;) Love you girl :)

Karine said...

I hear that friends are a pretty cool thing. One day I hope to acquire one of them. I am sure once I have some money or social standing I might achieve the impossible!