CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Sweet Surprise

Today I sat down at my computer when a loud chanting sound starting ringing through my office. Curious to find out what was going on I followed the noise outside and found this:

From one end of our street to the next, the students from the elementary school around the corner were holding up paper American flags that they had made and were chanting "U-S-A!" and encouraging passersby to honk their horns in support. I have to say, that gave me a good smile on the anniversary of a horrible day.

Thanks, kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet. I had some errands to run earlier today and was gratified to see so many American Flags in so many yards. I love this country.

U.S.A.
U.S.A.

Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

kids can be so annoying. I heard the same thing out my office window. So I opened the window and said "hey! I'm trying to take an effing nap here!". Once I finally woke up and it was time to go home, my tires were slashed.

-Mike b

Anonymous said...

Here's a UK comment for you all - did you know that until earlier this year, it was actually illegal to fly our flag in your own yard?

And when I say "your", I mean, our red, white and blue (although I'm not sure if that ancient law would extend to other national flags...hummm).

And of course, when I say "yard" it doesn't really trip off my tongue, and I actually mean "garden".

USA! USA!

Emma